Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Like Lemmings

I've started a trend. It feels so good. We will see how long this Xanga to Blogger switch goes among the old crew. Some of you have a hard time answering email, so my hopes aren't that high but I will give you the benefit of the doubt! I realize not everyone is as blessed as I am with an abundance of internet free time. Yes, I am so lucky. I should post more often, and very long posts with all that lucky free time I am blessed with.

I may be the last person in the world to watch Wedding Crashers. BB and I bought it last night and I think it's one of the best funny movies I've seen in a while. I didn't finish the movie because it was late but I intend to. I think Wedding Crashers is on the same level as Mean Girls, which is good, well written humor as opposed to stupid Will Ferrell humor. *I'm sorry, I know you LOVE him, but GOD, his movies make my brain bleed and I really AM dumber for having watched that movie more than once.*

I am working at the bar tonight, as usual. We are starting our Karaoke contest officially this week. It really started last week, but I've been told it doesn't count. I need to start thinking of good songs to sing since employees are not exempt from the contest! Not that I am trying nor want to win. But it's a fun way to pass the time since Wednesday nights have gotten so slow! Maybe now that people are coming back from school, we will be a little busier during the week. Because I know that the need for alcohol is a lot higher for college students than it is for all the regulars here. All I can say is, I am so looking forward to the thoughtful, polite, too drunk to remember they already asked me if I have a boyfriend, annoyingly rude assholes that are state college boys back home in small town Canon. Having a boyfriend doesn't mean that I don't get asked out or annoyed by horny, drunk boys but I do love how most of the comments stop after BB stops by to see me. But I think it's stupid how the nice boys stop talking to me after they see me with BB. It's not like I can't be friends with you just because I have a boyfriend!

Today is another amazing day. It was 71 degrees when I drove to work at 9 and I'm sure it's even nicer now. I think that such a nice day warrants the closing of business and everyone should be outside. I think it's God's way of saying "Go enjoy this day because it's the last nice day you are going to have in a while. Please, be fooled into thinking winter won't be cold and dark, take this day off and love every minutes of it. Because come Saturday there is going to be snow and grey, JUST LIKE OHIO!"

No comments: