Monday, November 13, 2006

Petition For A Longer Weekend

It's come to my attention that I need a longer weekend. As it stands on a normal weekend I have

Friday: Work and getting JBelle as well as going out.
Saturday: Hanging out with JBelle, nap, work at the bar.
Sunday: Sleep in, do random things that can't be done during the week.

Friday night I broke my phone. Luckily, I was due for an upgrade so I didn't have to pay an extraodinary amount to get a new phone. So Saturday was taken up with going to Pueblo for a new phone and also a nap because I didn't sleep much Friday night. Sunday also had a nap thrown in, but it's ok because I am trying to avoid my head cold turning into a sinus infection because I hate antibiotics. I went shopping on Sunday because it was a nasty, winter like day and I feel better about Ohio weather if I'm buying clothes. (I don't really understand the concept of not doing something anymore. I may still be going a million miles an hour, but it's second nature now. Thus why I took a perfectly lazy afternoon and turned it into a busy day.) I CAN'T HELP IT! I really needed new clothes, but all I got was shirts. Mostly only fit for the bar and going out, but still. I also bought a new purse which I didn't need, but I really did. If you saw the one I had before, you'd agree. No one needs an everyday purse that can fit their laptop and a change of clothes. It's just TOO BIG!

Another solution to my busy weekend would be to not live in a small town. If I lived in a bigger city, I would not have to drive 20 miles for a Cingular store or the mall so I would not have to take an entire afternoon or morning to get my little errands down. I can't imagine how people who CHOOSE to live in the mountains survive when they are more than two hours from a mall. I also have a problem with not having cell service in the mountains, obviously I am not cut out for mountain living. I like my false sense of being close to the mountains while having all the amenities that "civilization' has to offer me. As long as I still have to watch for deer while driving down 4th St. I think I'm close enough to the wildlife.

I am amused by all the deer that are down from the high country. Mostly because two weeks ago, you could not drive down the highway and not see at least one truck with a trailer full of camping equipment, four wheelers, and the occasional deer hide and antlers. Yet I kept seeing deer in the most unlikely of places, like on the train tracks and by the park. I think the deer know when the hunters are going to be looking for them and they decide to hightail it to town, thus avoiding an untimely death. I just hope they keep in mind my car and stay in the freaking bushes instead of on the black top!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, jess. and if you can't get someone out of your head, maybe they're suppose to be there.

deep thoughts. chew on that for a while.

Unknown said...

Where's it at? What's it for?